The parish church of Saint Cosmas and Saint Damian is located in idyllic isolation on the North Downs, one mile from the modern village of Challock. It is a Norman church, primarily built of flint and ironstone, started about 1100 AD close to site of a former wooden Saxon church.
Services are held every Sunday as follows:
1st Sunday - Holy Communion 9.30 am
2nd Sunday - Family Service 10.30 am
3rd Sunday - Family Commumion Service, including Sunday Club 10.30 am
4th Sunday - Morning Prayer 10.30 am
5th Sunday - When there is a fifth Sunday in the month, the service will be held on
a rota basis at one of the five churches in the Benefice. See the Parish
Magazine for details, or ring Churchwarden Fred Beadle 01233 740565.
Rector: Rev'd Paul Ratcliff
Associate Priest: Rev'd Sue Starkings
Churchwarden: Mr Fred Beadle - 01233 740565
Secretary: Mrs Claire Hook
Treasurer: Mr Peter Franklin-Bourne
The church is also used extensively for concerts and functions. Every year there are three major festivals for Art, Music and Flowers run by the Friends and the Parochial Church Council (PCC).
Challock Churches Famous Modern Murals (you must come to one of our events and fully appreciate them) click here
John E. Vigar’s Churches website click here
Who were St Cosmas & St Damian click here (Wikipedia)
What's on at Challock Church click here
The Benefice of Kings Wood www.kingswoodbenefice.co.uk
The Church of England click here
The Diocese of Canterbury click here
© Ss Cosmas & Damian 2010, 2011, 2012